Sunday, December 5, 2010

All Settled In!

For those who've been staying tuned, apologies for my delayed entry! The move wasn't easy, had so much to get done! But alas, things are finally falling into place. I still need some furniture but in due time I suppose. Once I got over the initial shock of isolation (had no TV, internet, etc.), I finally began to enjoy being on my own.

I haven't cooked any gourmet meals yet but am taking baby steps - doing some groceries and making some very basic meals. I've got all the essentials I need to make chai (loose tea, milk, ginger and sugar) and that's really all I need to make me feel at home.

My reporting shifts have been cut down right now and my receptionist days are over so most of my energy's going into finding more paid work. I'm being pushed to network more so that's the plan for now. I'm meeting some very interesting people. Crossing my fingers that something comes up soon!

THANK YOU to all my awesome peeps who've helped me through this transition (from making one of them IKEA do-it-yourself bookshelves to hammering in screws to priceless moral support). Words are not enough!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are starting to become settled in...Word of Advice (eventhough I'm sure you know this already) Cook home food as much as you can, eating out is expensive.

    ReplyDelete